Gentleman Gnar

Gentleman Gnar’s Tail pt. 2

I made the tail! At last! And believe it or not, but expanding foam worked. For how long, though, nobody knows :/

So my method was a little convoluted, but for now I think it’ll hold just fine. First, I covered the tail with duct tape because the foam was flaking and seemed incredibly unstable…and mostly because I didn’t have the time or energy to paper mache it. I needed this done by Sunday, and paper mache would’ve added a lot of weight anyway!

Excuses aside, it turned out fine. I was wrapping it firmly in faux fur anyway, which I did successfully by hand sewing it all together.


I then marked out where the tail would rest on my belt, and then where the two ‘straps’ (two pieces of strong fabric) would extend from either side of the base of the tail and attach to the belt, essentially pulling the tail into position. It’s hard to explain, but I’m trying my best here!

I used buttons on both sides of the attachments to make the whole thing sturdier with less force applied to the pieces (something I read online, many thanks!!).


(Plz ignore terrible sleepwear)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s